About Evolutionary Astrology
Evolutionary Astrology, or Astrology of the Evolution of Consciousness, is a spiritual approach to the practice of astrology and birth chart analysis. It is founded on the intention to identify the soul’s evolutionary journey through the natal astrology chart.
The universe is understood to be an intelligent design with divine order and purpose. Astrology reflects these universal truths and planetary cycles describe where we are at in our evolutionary journey. Our work as evolutionary astrologers is to interpret these cycles and help people realign with their soul purposes and intentions: Why am I here? What is this life about?
Astrology has been practiced since the dawn of time through all cultures of the world from the time humans realized that the cycles of the Sun and Moon defined our rhythm and seasons. We are all synchronized with this cosmic clock, with each planet serving as a hand of the clock.
While there are many uses to astrology, the premise of Evolutionary Astrology is that when we understand the soul journey and the evolution of consciousness, we can then more accurately address practical questions. A broader spiritual perspective on our life helps us answer practical concerns and provide clarity, whether that relates to resources, relationships, health, or vocation.
Evolutionary Astrology is a holistic approach to the practice of astrology and the art of living.
Understanding our soul’s evolutionary intention helps us make better choices and lead better, healthier, more meaningful lives. A reading from an evolutionary perspective can provide better clarity and direction in every aspect of our lives.
Some of the core principles include:
- We are all born to evolve our consciousness, to grow towards a greater understanding of the divine eternal Truth. The more we know the Truth, the freer we are from falsehood, failure, and ultimately from suffering.
- Nothing happens randomly in life; whether through successes or adversity, there is a higher reason for what occurs in our lives. Every life experience is a lesson that brings us closer to the higher Truth. Evolutionary Astrology helps identify these evolutionary reasons and lessons.
- The process of evolution extends through numerous lifetimes. Most of us had past lives which impact the circumstances of the current incarnation. We can identify the themes of these past lives in the natal chart, and in such a way, have a broader perspective on why things unfold a certain way in our present time. We usually do not remember our past lives, but nonetheless, these memories are stored in our unconscious and condition the unfolding of our life. The chart helps us see what we bring from past lives, the gifts, accomplishments, traumas, or mindsets. Current life circumstances can be a direct result of these past life experiences.
- When we look at a person’s astrology chart, we not only identify patterns or behaviors, but trace the reasons, the WHY, things occur in a certain way, sometimes to even understand why a person was born in particular family dynamic or why they faced difficult challenges early on. When we better understand why, we have better chances to make positive changes and overcome negative outcomes in the future.
- We are fated to our chart and cannot change it, but we have the free will to make a better use of our chart and access a greater potential within it. People born at the same time and place, sharing the same chart, may end up leading different lives – while they may face similar challenges, they have the free-will to respond differently to these challenges.
- When analyzing charts from the perspective of the Evolution of Consciousness, there is no good or bad planetary placement. No chart is doomed to suffering or guaranteed success—everything is part of the natural order of life and has its purpose. We all have lessons to learn and evolutionary challenges. Those who learn their lessons and evolve their consciousness have greater chances to experience longer term wellness, and the other way around.
- Planetary cycles represent a particular influence, or a developmental climate. What we do under these planetary influences is our responsibility. Our successes and failures are ours to own, not the planets’ favors or curses.
Evolutionary Astrology was inspired by the work of astrologer Dane Rudhyar, and in the early eighties, was established by astrologers Jeffrey Green and Steven Forrest. Astrologer Ray Merriman first coined the term in his book by the same name, but eventually pursued a career as a financial astrologer. Evolutionary Astrology is now practiced widely in the world; however, different schools of practice have evolved in the course of time—while the same philosophy and spiritual perspective are shared by all practitioners, methods of interpretation vary from practitioner to practitioner.
You are who you are for good reasons. Your chart tells the Truth about your soul journey through time and space. Learning about it can help change your life forever, for the better.
I have been practicing astrology for thirty years, with a passion for interpreting planetary cycles as a way to help others live fulfilling and healthy lives.
I was born in the heart of Africa, and moved to Israel as a teenager where I was first exposed to astrology in a professional way at age 18. I subsequently studied Evolutionary Astrology with Jeffrey Green in the course of the nineties. It was a natural language for me that provided a profound understanding about the nature of existence.
My approach to astrology is essentially spiritual, identifying how celestial cycles reflect our soul journey and reasons to be. I make a point to deliver these vast concepts in a ways that can be used practically in every day life.
I’m trained as a Kundalini Yoga teacher and combine this with astrology studies when organizing retreat immersions. Moreover, I’m keenly interested in further developing inter-species communication and bridge consciousness between humans, animals, vegetation, and minerals. I have worked for the past 12 years with the White Lions of Timbavati for this purpose.
This holistic approach to the study of star knowledge helps with the original intention to align our lives on earth with the greater cycles of the planets and universal Truth.
Since moving to the United States in 2003, I have developed a worldwide network as an author, teacher, counselor, and conference organizer, notably the celebrated River of Stars Astrology Conference (Hawaii 2011-2015).
I’m the founder of the I-ASTROLOGER conference (2016-2018-2022), a critically acclaimed event designed to support professional astrology development through the Organization for Professional Astrology (OPA). I have served as the president of OPA for three terms (2014-2020), and on the board of directors for 12 years (2010-2022).
During my tenure at OPA, membership has quadrupled, including the establishing of Satellite centers in 13 countries, and the development of a critically acclaimed quarterly Astrology magazine: The Career Astrologer.
I’m certified as an evolutionary astrologer (1992 and 1996), and Kundalini yoga Teacher (2007).
I’m OPA certified as a professional practitioner (2013) and a moderator for the OPA Peer Group process.
I’m the recipient of the Orion Astrology Award for Outstanding Contribution to Astrology (2022), and the ISAR Community Service Award (2022).
I currently reside in Arizona, enjoying the high desert following 7 years living in the water world of Hawaii.
Thank you for your interest – may the stars guide your way!